This week is all about interacting with you guys. I read your blogs (those of you with blogs anyway) and you all (since you are reading this now) read my dribble. BUT we (most of you guys anyways. Some of us are good email buddies) don't really interact together. You know, commenting and what not with each other and the responding e-mails = all great! But this week is all about knowing one another. What fun is it to read someone's blog when you have no idea who they are!?(correct answer would be "little to none fun" I don't like to give pop quizzes without a little hint... or big hint.)
Today will be all about random facts about one another, Wed. is going to be about writing facts, and Friday will be (as usual) all about the funny.
Lets kick off the Getting to Know You with a bunch of generic questions! (what could be better?)
- Where you named after anyone? (nope. My aunt picked my name and my dad spelled it "funny" because he doesn't like double letters side-by-side...but I like it!)
- Do you like to write or type better? (write. Typing, I tend to ramble as its quick and easy. Writing I make everything count cause I don't want to waste the time on rambles.)
- Do you have kids? Husband? Wife? (Nope. Yup. Nope.)
- In school? Live at home(with the folks)? What grade? (Nope. Nope. Did some college for my business degree but didn't finish)
- Do you work (besides writing-to all my writer buds)?(yep. receptionist)
- If you were someone else would you be friends with you? (I doubt it. We would clash with each other)
- Have you ever bungee jumped? Sky dived? (want to! Someone go with me!)
- What is your favorite cereal? (depends on my mood but Lucky Charms and Frosted Flakes are always up there)
- What is your favorite thing to do? (I could easily take the raunchy route but I'll show a little class and say: spending time with my 4 best buds is always my fav. but only happens a couple times a year. Or drawing. Always a good time too.)
- Do you like to talk on the phone or text? (text. I HATE talking on the phone)
- Do you schedule time to keep up with blogs/ write your own blogs or just wing it? (wing it, mostly.)
- What is the first thing you notice about people? (Hair then posture then cloths)
- Favorite sports to watch? To play?(HOCKEY!! But I'm too damn clumsy to play any sport)
- Favorite author? (J.K.Rowling. Can't you tell by now?)
- What book are you reading? (Currently Match Me If You Can thanks to a kick ass blogger buddy!!)
- Favorite thing about your best friend? (Her heart. The most loving, kind, and beautiful person I have ever met)
- Do you like piercings/tattoos? (YES!)
- Do you have any?(expand) (11 tattoos, 26 piercings)
- Do you have a special talent? (sarcasm? making fun of things? forgetting things? I'm good at putting on makeup actually. Wanted to be a makeup effect artist for a long while. Never worked out)
- Cats or dogs? (cats. Have 5)
- Something random, first thing that pops in your head!(1. I don't paint my nails one solid color, I just can't. 2. My hair is naturally blond(suck on that!) but I dye the underside layer black as I have the same disorder about my hair that affects my nail polish-can't be all one color. umm...I could win the eye-rollympics if challenged. 4.I don't like idle chit-chat. 5. my middle finger on my right hand is crooked from the second knuckle to the tip. No idea why.)
- Do you have a bad habit/annoying habit? I pick my nail polish off almost as quickly as I can put it on. I just stopped biting my nails about a year ago for the first time, and picking it off helps not to bite. It drives the Hubs crazy. Hates hearing me pick my nails.
- How do you get mad? (I tend to get really country when I get mad. And studder. Then curse cause both make me even more mad. Though I am a born and raised southern girl, I don't sound too country most of the time because I grew up with my mom mostly and she is from the north so I got this...NO accent thing going on here in the south. But get me mad I get hillbilly faster an' a pole cat skitters upa dead stump...or something.)
- Do you have a style for yourself? (clothing) I just buy whatever I think is cute. I can't follow fashion well. I'm not a shoe loving, cloths hoarding, kind of girl. If I like a certain shoe I will wear it until they stop making them. This is not always a good policy as I tend to get stuck in a very unstylish item for long after it should be shot and killed. But...I'm happy :)
- How do you see yourself? (nerd, prep, jock, punk, goth, emo, someone younger than me can add more subgenres b/c I really can't think of more. Don't feel confined to these options) If we go as how I'm seen I have been told I'm intimidating, scary, confident, goth, funny, and nerdy at some point in my life. So, we'll just go with that as I can't answer this one.)
- What are you going to be for Halloween? Going trick-or-treating, handing out candy, or partying?(I have no costume this year. I haven't had time, unfortunately, to put one together. But I will help my mom with her's and were just handing out candy and watching scary movies this year. Skipping the parties.)
If you have any questions for me as well please don't hesitate to ask!
HERE are 5 ways to make you novel inescapable.
HERE you can make your own Undesirable No. 1 POSTER!!!
It was fun. (see how I waited till the post was over to give you something fun to distract yourself with? I learned!)
Check back Wed for some writery-type getting to know you questions!