Tuesday, October 19, 2010

OCTOBER 19th With AlexCavanaugh!

Today we're going to celebrate the release of Alex Cavanaugh's debut novel Cassastar! 

  There has been a significant increase in Sci fi  in YA world, and while this isn't YA it still looks badass. I haven't been much for Sci Fi but its really because I haven't tried it. But lately, I can't help but get sucked in. Especially with great stories and characters like Alex has.
So enough about me me me, here is a bit on Alex and his debut!

CassaStar by Alex J. Cavanaugh
October 19, 2010 Science fiction/adventure/space opera
ISBN 9780981621067 Dancing Lemur Press LLC

To pilot the fleet’s finest ship…

Labeled a problem youth with a poor attitude, few options exist for Byron. His only chance for success resides in an opportunity to train as a Cosbolt fighter pilot. Enlisting in the fleet, he sets off for the moon base of Guaard to begin a new life and prove his worth.

To his chagrin, Byron catches the eye of Bassa, the toughest instructor in the fleet. Troubled by the memory of a fallen pilot, Bassa at first sees only a talented but insolent young man in need of an attitude adjustment. When a secret talent is revealed during training, Bassa feels compelled to help Byron achieve his full potential.


However, time is running short. War brews on the edge of space and Byron will require a talented navigator to survive. The shadows of the past loom large and Bassa must make a decision that could well decide the fate of both men. Does he feel strongly enough to follow the young man on a mission that may stretch their abilities to the limit?




You can find CassaStar at:
Amazon
BARNES & NOBLE
BAM
POWELLS
~ALSO AVAILABLE AS AN EBOOK – KINDLE, IBOOKSTORE, NOOK, AND OTHERS
(so...everywhere!)


Bio:
Alex J. Cavanaugh has a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree and works in web design and graphics. He’s experienced in technical editing and worked with an adult literacy program for several years. A fan of all things science fiction, his interests range from books and movies to music and games. Currently he lives in the Carolinas with his wife.

http://alexjcavanaugh.blogspot.com/

So please, all, congratulate Alex on his debut! This is huge. Something authors know well and writers dream about, the release date making their dreams real and tangible things. I couldn't be more please for Alex and couldn't have happened to a cooler dude. Ch-ch-check him out!!

Congratulations! I'm having birthday cake icecream in your honor tonight!

Whoo!

9 comments:

  1. Hopefully it'll be a hot seller.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Colene, thank you! Enjoy that ice cream and cake. And I think you'd like it, as it's a bit of a coming-of-age story as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm in interested in reading Alex's book! I have to say I'm starting to wonder if I missed this big announcement about blogging on behalf of Alex and his newly released book! I didn't give a proper shout-out!

    Thank you for doing so! Since we're besties I'll take some cake and ice cream :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want birthday cake ice cream now! You enjoy yours, because I'll be thinking about it.

    Congratulations to Alex on such an exciting day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have extra cake left over from yesterday! Yay! Congrats, Alex! And Colene, so nice of you to write about it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a cool book! I really have always liked Sci Fi- glad its making a comeback!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the blogger love! Seriously. This book looks awesome. So excited to dig in

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've been hearing a lot about this book today, can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete

Say Something! I reply via email only.