Okay. I was going to post a new TV spot for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows(pt1) every post. But honestly, I just didn't want to have to choose since there are 9.
So HERE is where you will find all 8 Brand NEW TV spots for HP7(pt1). You're welcome. Ha! So pumped. Are you pumped!? Officially LESS than 1 month to go!! Get PUMPED!
I just love a new idea. It's like Christmas, a new book concept.
I love the first blank page in Wordperfect(apparently I may be the only person alive who still uses it because no one I send my MS to can open the dang thing. My lil bro pretty much told me to man up and use Word.) and setting out on the new adventure with my characters.
1. In the middle of doing something unrelated to writing an idea will strike.
2. Jot down notes and basic idea before I lose the sucker to a distraction (I NEVER remember exactly what the brilliant idea was if I put this step off until later. NEVER.)
Some advice: Quick notes of whatever the idea is usually do, **but don't use shorthand as you will never remember what NAHO for BOA in CCDC means later. or even:"like that one time with the guy in the place with the thing where that chick said the stuff about that chick to her friend but with vampires." or whatever. Days, weeks, a month later when you come back to that note you will go "WTH man!?" and the idea, she is gone.
EX: one character description I jotted down just says "think fat Jesus+gimpy pirate" Bet you know exactly what that guy looks and sounds like don't you? rough but kind. large, facial hairy guy. scarred and tough. but full of love.
3.Put it aside as usually that one bit of information that is the idea is all that comes to me during that time.
4.Get an awesome idea for a new character that is not originally intended for previous novel idea.
5.Get the character down in new WP doc so I don't lose him/her.
6.Start trying to form a story around new character only to realize that he/she could go into previously mentioned novel idea *facepalm* and will make the story more rich and deeper than it started out being.
7. copy/paste character into bottom of novel notes for later. Delete new document dedicated to just the character as I can't keep saving all these danged little documents that have no purpose! It's getting ridiculous, self.
8. Put on some instrumental music on Pandora Radio(current fav. channel is The Shanghai Restoration Project channel)
9. Write. Write. Write. Write. Get idea for blog post. Write blog post. Get back to novel. Write. Write. Write. Facebook break. Write. Write. Might as well check twitter and e-mail before I get too deep into writing again.
10. repeat step 9 until I have no where else to go with novel at the current time.
11. Turn T.V. back on and wish I had had more to write out.
12. Think of something to add really quickly.
13. repeat from step 8 as usually the fresh burst of inspiration starts a whole new writing flow.
Now that I have completed "Write blog post" I will move on to finishing step 9. I am really liking this new story.
I don't outline, so as of right now all I have is 5-6 characters, the first chapter, and a semi tragic love story formed. I just love this job/hobby/career/passion.