Friday, September 24, 2010

Funny Friday

Okay, okay. I'm making Funny Friday an every week thing. So there.

THIS clever woman gives some great advice about query letters with her comedy. 

JOKE!: Several men are in the locker room of a golf club. A cell phone on a
bench rings and a man engages the hands free speaker function and
begins  to talk. Everyone else in the room stops to listen.

MAN: "Hello"

WOMAN: "Honey, it's me. Are you at the club?"

MAN: "Yes"

WOMAN: "I am at the mall now and found this beautiful leather coat. It's
only $1,000. Is it OK if I buy it?"

MAN: "Sure, go ahead if you like it that much."

WOMAN: "I also stopped by the Mercedes dealership and saw the new 2010
models. I saw one I really liked."

MAN: "How much?"

WOMAN: "$90,000"

MAN: "OK, but for that price I want it with all the options."

WOMAN: "Great! Oh, and one more thing. The house I wanted last year is
back on the market. They're asking $950,000"

MAN: "Well, then go ahead and give them an offer of $900,000. They will
probably take it. If not, we can go the extra 50 thousand if it's really
a pretty good price."

WOMAN: "OK. I'll see you later! I love you so much!"

MAN: "Bye! I love you, too."

The man hangs up. The other men in the locker room are staring at him in
astonishment, mouths agape.

He turns and asks: "Anyone know who this phone belongs to?"

Buzzzing!


Anyone remember Saved by the Bell? No? Whatever. THIS site is GREAT at freeze framing and captioning awkward/inappropriate/eyebrow raising moments from that show.


This video of a proposal is just adorable and funny. Had to share it.





Simon's Cat is awesome!




How about some senior boys in cheer leading skirts? (that sounded more dirty than I actually meant...)





And finally:
Sassy gay friend, anyone?




This weekend I have an outing...planned? Not planned so much as being considered. I want to go and sit in a public(or several) places and listen to conversations. And write what I hear, making notes of the different kinds of people and the way they talk. Any good suggestions on great places to do this? Coffee shops, a given. Mall, a possibility. But any others?


Don't Forget to get an entry into my Freedom Contest going on right now and win your own copy of SPEAK HERE!

9 comments:

  1. I love Sassy Gay Friend! Those videos are absolutely hilarious. Simon's Cat is too adorable.

    Coffee shops and malls are both great places to people watch. I'm also a fan of crowded restaurants where you can't help but overhear other people's conversations. If there are parks in your area that aren't deserted, I've also found that those are good for both observing people interacting, and watching people by themselves, which is sometimes just as interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sassy gay friend too! They crack me up.

    Your blog is SO pretty, Colene.

    I LOVE people watching. Love it.

    Happy weekend!
    Love,
    Lola

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cell phone joke was great. And Simon's Cat is almost to true to be funny sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man. I laughed so hard at the cellphone joke. I totally didn't see that twist coming. AWESOME. Advice from a cartoon princess, sassy gay friend - where have they been all my life?

    Love this funny friday thing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE Saved By The Bell! I watched it religiously when I was little.

    Good luck on your outing- let us know how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Colene! Cute blog! That joke made me laugh. How fun!

    My suggestions are at a bar/dance club where people are sitting down, a sports grill, any restaurant, any sports game, a theme park, party at someone's house, a work scene in the break room, a bookstore by a clump of people, grocery store, park, library.... Um...lol, the list is endless! I hope it's helped a bit~

    Come and visit me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Simon's Cat! So cute. And I love that joke.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha I wish I had a like button right now. Love the videos!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, we need a like button here! he, he! That joke is great :)

    And I LOVED Saved By The Bell, I had the biggest crush on Slater ever!

    ReplyDelete

Say Something! I reply via email only.