Monday, November 1, 2010

Awards for me, awards for you!

Firstly: This has been brought to my attention thanks to an amazing blogger, Lisa Galek @ Read. Write. Repeat,  who's debt I am now in. What I'm talking about is Leakycon 2011! I have to go. That's all there is to it. HAVE TO GO. Who's in?!?!?!?!
*************************************************************
Upon farther calculations, I don't believe I will be able to budget enough to go! MORTIFIED!!!! But, I suppose having a roof over our heads and food are just two non-negotiable things at this point. Oh, Harry...I have failed! Oh well. Maybe next year!

And there is a small chance you will find me in a death eater ensemble for the midnight showing of HP this month...Would you all still follow me? Or would I sign back on to, like, 3 followers? haha! I LOVE to dress up for movies, you guys!!




I blame him for this Leakycon debacle. If you don't already, I highly suggest following Lord Voldemort@Lord_Voldemort7 on twitter if you're in the mood for hilarity and uncensored evil. I also must credit Lisa Galek for introducing me to him on twitter. She is just a secret treasure box for Harry Potter goodness.





This one took a little while to finally post but here it is! Two more awards have been gifted to me, and I am super, fanastigasmically amazed at the blogging world. You have no idea how touched, pleased, happified I feel every time I log on and read blogs and get comments. It's just...ugh. So nice.

Enough sap, lets get to it!


This one comes from Quinn over at Seeing, Dreaming...writing. An amazing honor to be qualified as an Irresistible Blogger! WoW! But Quinn definitely is too. So check him out pronto!






He didn't think there was a stipulation to accepting this award so I'm going to say there isn't too and just enjoy its prettiness!
I can't not pass it along to blogs I can't seem to stay away from so:

Matthew Rush @The Quintessentially Questionable Query Experiment
Talli Roland 
Abby Minard @ Above Water
Alex Cavanaugh 
Jennifer Hiller 
Melissa @ Through the Looking Glass





This one comes from amazing author Alex Cavanaugh whos debut novel (just released!) CassaStar is in the Top 5 List of Best Debut Sci-fi Books by New Writers!  How cool is that?! I urge anyone who doesn't know this brilliant author to check him out!
 My five favorite words today are: 
Phantasmagoria - A fantastic sequence of haphazardly associative imagery, as seen in dreams or fever.
Incognito(its fun to say and to do.)
Poppycock(self-explanatory.)
Steak(because nothing bad ever comes from someone mentioning steak.)
and Hell (Because I say it a lot. As in: "Awe...hell..." "what the hell!?" "hell if I know" "who the hell knows")

Passing this one on to:
Andy @ Writing Myself Crazy
Madeleine @ Scribble and Edit
Nicole Zoltack @Where Fantasy and Love Take Flight

And lastly:(this cut off when I watched it mid  sentence, but still worth the watch if you're interested)

22 comments:

  1. Congrats on the awards! We'll definitely try to save up and go to Leakycon next year :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww... sorry you won't be able to go :( I'll be sure to track all the HP goodness for you. Lots of pictures!

    The husband and I were Bellatrix and Voldemort for the last midnight movie showing. People were all into it though. Voldemort and the Death Eaters are more beloved than I previously thought.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, and THANK YOU for the award!!

    And, you should totally be a death eater. That would be awesome.

    Hubs and I are going to be total old people and go during the day on the 19th while Little Monster is in school. Gotta do what we gotta do, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on your sweet awards! You deserve them! And I won't defriend you for being a death eater!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the awards! You deserve them. Thanks for the kind words.

    Personally, I might have more respect for you if you dress up as a death eater for the opening. That would just be awesome ... you'd have to post pics though.

    I'm a little bummed cause I just found out Harry Potter won't be opening until December 16th here in Korea ... a full month later. I'm tempted to hop on a plane just to see the movie and trhen come back after. Not sure I can afford that though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOOOO! Thanks so much for the award - and wow, congrats on all yours! What a great way to start the week. Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! So many awards, so little time! You can party the week away.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on the well deserved awards! I'm glad you got the irresistible because it really sums up your blog!

    I wish I could go to LEAKY CON TOO!!! AHHH! I can't afford it though so I'm going to save up to go next year! I LOVE DEATH EATERS! Maybe that's just because I am a certified official slytherin though... it's like looking into the future :)

    I'm dressing up as well, in slytherin regalia of course... I need to fins a skirt I can wear.... AND I'm doing Slytherin makeup. I am so excited!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Would love to see your death eater look. I painted my daughter and I for the Twilight Midnight showing.

    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=406248191526&set=a.113473256526.99905.612156526

    People thought it was cool, or that I was a major dweeb. Meh. Didn't care. It was great fun.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you so much for the award! You're so sweet!

    LeakyCon looks awesome. Man, I would love to go to that...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Colene, thanks!! I appreciate it. And you are REALLY excited about the new Harry Potter, aren't you?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yay for awards!!! They look fabulous on your blog!

    Woohoo!! Harry Potter! I'm so jealous of all those going to LeakyCon2011 I wanna go! I wanna go *stomps feet*

    ReplyDelete
  13. congrats on the blog blingage! and to your winners! couldn't see the vid:(

    ReplyDelete
  14. Congrats on the awards. Quinn sent me your way. Very nice to "meet" you. Love the Voldemort photo. :)

    ~Jen

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on the awards! That one really is pretty cute. =]

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congrats on your awards! Not surprising in the least. I heart your blog! Leaky Con looks like serious fun! I want to go!! I don't know if I can wing it, though.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats on all your awards! You deserve every one. And I'm going to come back after I get home so I can follow Lord Voldemort on twitter. That sounds like a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi! I'm new here. I would totally not abandon this blog if you dressed up for HP, and I doubt anyone else would (because we all love it just as much). Love your background, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Congrats on the awards! I'd love it if you showed up to my cinema dressed up. It all adds to the atmosphere.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats on all your awards and thank you sooo much for mine :O)))))))

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for the award! You will definately have to post pictures of you as a death eater. GreenBeanTeenQueen and I will probably reprise our roles as Tonks and Lupin

    ReplyDelete

Say Something! I reply via email only.