Why? No idea. I just wanted to try out the first chapter. Now, I know I'm behind on picking this one up but the opportunity just never presented itself till recently.
A few hours later and I'm staring at the back of the book plotting out when I could go get Fade. Many times in those hours I told myself: "after this part I'm going to bed", "this is the last section before I need sleep". But the funny thing about this book is, the right place to stop never came. I could never find a good spot to put it down. I was so impressed, maybe because my expectations started out pretty skeptical.
I think I love Cabel...
I have heard mixed reviews about Wake, so it could be and couldn't be for you. Either people have loved it or hated it. I am in the lovin' it category.
In honor of Thanksgiving I joined up with Jeffrey Beesler's Thankful Fest! Head on over there to get in on all his thankful participants!
This year I am thankful for all my many blessings in my life. My house, my hubs, my family, my amazingly awesome mother(yes she deserves to be excluded from the "family" category because she is THAT awesome), my 5 loverly cats, my beautiful crazy fantastic friends, my job, my car, my ever improving attitude-you know, all the normal things. But also...
I'm thankful for/that
- amazing critique partners
- triple cheese and bacon roast beef sandwiches at Arby's.
- I haven't been sitting outside Best Buy since Monday for Black Friday (no joke. They are really out there!)
- flannel sheets
- central Heating
- not being a skeezey butt hole, like certain people. Who...shall remain nameless.
- being able to read and write!
- bosses who don't make me work on holidays (hello, department stores...you should be ashamed!)
- having hope
- being able to laugh on a daily basis
- not being a fork. Cause...really, ew.
- cake, cookies, and icecream
- Christmas lights going up
- gellyroll pens
- cats in general
- it's almost tax season again(one day I will hate this, so all the more reason to enjoy the hell out of it now)
- Natural Calm supplement that helps me sleep well(no I'm not getting paid to mention it, it's just great stuff)
- Firefly! (guess what. . . I watched my first full episode ((that wasn't the movie)) last week! And I lurrrv it!!)
- food in my fridge and cloths on my back
- finding books I have been wanting on random-sale everywhere
- 2.5 day work weeks
- left overs!
- hot showers
- my husband just THINKS he's growing his beard out even longer because "what's wrong with looking like a mountain man" but really...he's wrong.
I am also thankful for THIS Giveaway! From Sparkling Reviews, you can win a Nook Color!! So be sure to get in on this one. That's Huge!
Also thankful for Ishta Mercurio @ Musings of a Restless Mind said it the best, about this "turd" (her word and it is just PERFECT to describe this...) who wants to buy your books for 250$ so he can rewrite them and sell them under another name and then give you 40% while keeping 60% for himself. Umm... yes. Go read what she has to say.
and HERE is a wonderful auction of AMAZING writery things (first pages critiques, query critiques, full MS critiques ((from real live actual authors!)), signed ARC's, and soo much more!) for a fellow writer fighting colon cancer! Amazing cause to help with!
You guys... Have an amazing Thanksgiving! No matter where you are or what you celebrate, I hope you all can find a bunch to be thankful for this year. And if not: