Today is for just a few odds and ends:
Tracy at Forever Endeavor has started an online book club! The first one this month is My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent. If you have read it already, you have a free month. If you haven't get it read by February 25th and join her discussion! Head on over for more details and just to check her out!
J.C. Martin, amazingly lovely writer/blogger, awarded me this award!!
The (optional) rules for accepting this award:
- Thank the person who awarded you and link back to them. CHECK
- Share 7 things about yourself. CHECK
- Award 5 recently discovered great bloggers, and notify them of the nomination! CHECKISH
2. I don't like South Park. It isn't that I don't think it's funny, because it is. I just don't care for it.
3. I would prefer to wear flip-flops year round. Or go barefooted. Damn snow...
4. I have never seen Hellraiser, though I want to. But I'm kind of bitter about it. One of my HS boyfriends used to call me Pinhead because of all my piercings. Even though at the time I had none in my face. So, I have never "gotten around" to watching it.
5. There is a constant scissor war in my house. We have at least 7 pair, but it doesn't matter.
6. I have to make the bed every night before I can get in it. It's a thing.
7. I like birds in general, watching them outdoors, feeding them seed outdoors, but I don't like owning birds.
I'd like to pass it on to these ladies who's blogs I have recently fallen in love with:
Ann @ Inkpots n' Quills
I am going through all my posts and deleting pictures that aren't mine or crediting them. It is taking a little while but I will feel better when it's done!
I was getting a lot of traffic on one particular picture that would have been cool EXCEPT it had nothing to do with writing and I was getting page views but I HIGHLY doubt any followers came from it. Because it had nothing to do with writing. Or YA. Or anything really...it was just a silly picture that people can't help but clicking on when they see it in Google images.
ANYWAY, all that to say, I'm being safe rather than sorry and deleting most pictures that aren't mine or crediting them. AND just FYI, apparently, even if the signature is in the picture of whoever it belongs to, that is not sufficient credit. I have not had any run-ins on this but people have and I'd rather not.
THIS article cracked me up on What If the Best Picture Nominee Posters Actually Told the Truth?
HERE are 2 video tributes to the greatest fictional bands ever. THEY ARE!! (although, I thought Spinal Tap was real?) They have the weird alien guys from Star Wars that just play that one song, The Soggy Bottom Boys, Plavalaguna(Fifth Element FTW) and so many others!
And lastly, I have a question, how many of you all that don't get replies to your comments emailed to you come back and check to see if a blogger replied? I'm HORRIBLE at doing that! I think I have sent thousands of emails to that damn no-reply address.
So, if you all do check back in and I never answered you, I'M SORRY! But you probably have an e-mail in that no-reply box somewhere...SO, do you all check back here and I should feel like an ass? And more importantly, why don't you want replies emailed to you? Cause...it makes life easier...for me, I mean. ;)