Thursday, July 22, 2010

Some Content

I have been inspired by an authors blog. Yesterday her entire content was a day in the life of a full time writer. It was awesome. Made me understand that I am not the only one who gets distracted by things when I'm supposed to be working. Like right now. I wont do that day in the life b/c 1. I'm not full time. and 2. it would be ssuuuuuuuuper boring to follow me in a day. I want to get readers, not scare them away.

I'm supposed to be editing this super charged fight scene with my fav. character of this book and my MC. They aren't fighting each other. Shes actually having to save my fav.'s butt right now which, is awesome. Go her!

But instead of finishing the last 12 pages i have in my possession right now to be fixed, I'm here.

What's making it even harder is this dang music on at work. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE this spa channel on Sirius but MAN is it making me sleepy! It's super hard to focus when every five minutes you're having to blink away yawn-tears.

Today, i have been good though. Gotten through 5 pages, which is saying a lot for a busy Thursday at work. (Thursdays our Friday so everyone wants to get in before the weekend) It makes me pumped to be in this scene of my book and nearing the climax.

Up until now my MC has been just going along with things. But now, she's pissed (for lack of a better description) Sick of going along all la-la-la, she's had enough. And i love that. She turned herself into such a bad ass there at the end, which i didn't intend to happen when i set out.

As previously mentioned, I DONT plot out my books. I know how they begin and a vague idea of how they should end but the middle is always a mystery and sometimes, as it did in this one, the ending i got and the ending i planned were very different.

It's a lot harder for me to pound it out when i already know whats going on. It's much much much more fun when you just sit down with a blank screen and just go. Let your characters take you on their journey. SO FUN! (can't you tell I'm pumped up today)

Action scenes get me going.

This is the most I have ever written about my main book. This is weird for me, but I'm kinda diggin' it.

I am getting more into editing this then i was in the beginning just because of what I am learning along the way with my own writing. Its neat to be able to recognize the lessons and techniques I'm being taught by nothing more than a line through my words, an arrow pulling two sentences into one, or an X through certain unnecessary things I just added as FLUFF. Damn fluff...

So far all my fluff that has been cut has taken up 2.5 pages of my book. 2.5 pages of JUNK have been cut! I'm both thrilled about this and frustrated. I was supposed to be this perfect writer, man! (ha) Oh well. I can't imagine how much time and words I'm going to save in the future with all that I am learning though.

Got down on myself for a while, I hate to admit. But lately I have a renewed sense of faith. Something I needed. I believe, what I had forgotten, that whatever happens, I am on the road I'm meant to be on. (hows that for comma usage) I must believe that, no matter what.

I feel in my heart, my bones, and my head that writing is what I need to do. I need it like air. I need it to stay sane. I love it. I want to write for the rest of my life. Nothing makes me as happy to do as writing does. ahhh...to write...Doesn't matter if I never break out (knock on wood, call the fortune teller, someone mix me up a good luck potion) I really really WANT to make it, but I wont jump off a cliff if not, ya know?

But, I do need to get my boy out of trouble right now. And also finish up my work for the week..humph.

Happy Weekend! I WILL finish these pages!

How many times did I use "Super" in this thing anway!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say Something! I reply via email only.